I hope all you are having an amazing week, if you’re not don’t worry, this delicious oatmeal recipe will help you get through easily. I used to hate oatmeal until I discovered the recipe which I’m going to share with you today. Since I’ve started dieting, I’ve been looking for healthy food options to incorporate in my breakfasts. After so many tests I’ve finally found out the right mix of the things, this oatmeal is not only delicious but also very healthy and filling. With almost 375 Kcals, 12 grams of fibres and 15 grams of proteins this is going to be the healthiest cereal you’ve had in a long time.
See Also: Best Detox Juice Recipe to Lose Weight
Without further ado, here’s how you can cook the most filling & delicious oatmeal. This oatmeal is perfect for any day of the week and will provide you with antioxidants, fibre, protein, iron, potassium and omega 3’s.
1 med very ripe banana chopped
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats (50 grams)
1 cup of filtered water
1/2 cup of regular milk
1/2 tbsp. of chia seeds
1 tbsp. of crushed walnuts
1-2 tsp. of cinnamon
a pinch of sea salt
1. Add oats,cinnamon, salt and half the amount of water and milk in the medium sized sauce pan and put it over medium heat.
2. Once the mixture starts bubbling you can then add in the rest of the water, banana, milk, apple and turn the heat to low.
3. Next, keep stirring the oatmeal until the banana / apple is melted down into the pot and add in any extras like peach or blueberries.
4. Once you’re happy with the consistency of your oatmeal you can turn off the heat, place it in a bowl and add in your chia seeds, walnuts and a table spoon of raw honey.
Health Benefits of Oatmeal
- Oatmeal is Rich in fibre, hence gives the feeling of fullness and improves digestive function.
- Oatmeal is rich in protein and stops the loss of muscle mass when you’re on restricted diet.
- Oatmeal is rich in complex carbs hence takes a lot of time to digest and keeps giving energy for longer time.
I hope you’ll enjoy this amazingly healthy and delicious oatmeal, please share it with your friends and family. Don’t forget to share your experience with us oh and if you know anyone who is trying to lose weight, do recommend them Nutright 🙂